Taking Responsibility When in Crisis
With humanitarian emergencies and crisis comes risk of malpractices in resources sharing. The most scarce ad valuable resources becomes the water and following it, hygiene and sanitation problems. The most common side effect of such situation is unjust distribution and disputes over water usage and diseases and hygiene and sanitation issues. Hence it is imperative that the immediate response addresses the WASH needs of the vulnerable community.
This training is for conceptual clarity and practical understanding of WASH in emergencies, WASH project management, and other similar requirements. All the important aspects of WASH in emergencies will be covered with adequate examples, checklists, and reporting templates. It will cover industry-leading WASH engineering practices, the contractual obligations and legal implications.
This training aims to help recipients of EU funds for external actions to comply with the conditions for financial and procurement guidelines provided in the special and general conditions of the EU grants contract. It will also try to provide practical information on the implementation and procedures related to financial & Procurement management in line with EU regulations.
Scope of the training
The training will provide comprehensive overview of different components of WASH and how to manage WASH projects. These components will include, water, hygiene, sanitation. The training will be designed according to real-world situations and will have the opportunity to practice the new knowledge and skills, learn from other’s experiences in real emergencies and share own experiences.
Introduction and basic concepts in WASH in Emergencies
- The right to water and sanitation and the situation of WASH access worldwide
- The basics of epidemiology for humanitarian WASH workers
- WASH related diseases in humanitarian settings
- Multi-sectoral and integrated approaches
WASH project management
- Communicate and engage with communities and do no harm principle
- WASH Coordination, the Cluster approach and tools
- WASH situation and needs assessment
- WASH response design & planning
Hygiene and behavior change in emergencies
- What is hygiene promotion in emergencies?
- Hand washing, storing water, food handling and excreta and solid waste management
- Hygiene promotion in emergencies
- Monitoring hygiene interventions
Sanitation in emergencies
- Key concepts of Environmental Sanitation in emergencies
- Techniques for excreta management in emergencies
- Techniques for wastewater treatment in emergencies
- Techniques for solid waste and animal excreta management in emergencies
- Monitoring sanitation interventions
Water in emergencies
- Water supply in emergencies – key concepts (incl. Water quality and quantity)
- Water sources options in emergencies
- Lifting and pumping
- Basics of water treatment in emergency
- Water storage and distribution in emergencies
- Monitoring water supply interventions
Methodology of training
The mixed-method approach will be used to inculcate the adult learning principles for the training. To make it highly innovative, the trainer will use discussion, case studies, group work, individual assignments, and exercises. The training will be conducted in a friendly environment where the participants will be encouraged to bring forward their queries and share their thoughts and opinions. Participative practical activities will reinforce individual and group learning. The training will be evaluated at every day’s end to know the shortcomings/lacking and will be improved for the next day.
Who should participate?
- Humanitarian professionals including managers, supervisors/officers.
- Existing Excel users looking to improve their skill base.
- Self-taught learners looking to improve Excel working knowledge.
Medium of Instruction:
Duration & Venue:
April 23 to 25, 2023
April 09, 2023
Local Organizations (Nepal Based) $190
International Organizations (Nepal Based) $240
Other Countries $440
Early Bird Discount:
10 % discount will be offered if registered before March 31, 2023.
Residential Package is available at the venue hotel on payment of required charges.
Discount Policy: Group Discount (from same organisation):
On every three paid nominations from same organisation, one person (i.e fourth one) will be free of charge.
CRSM also offers this training for your organisation as an in-house event. This will be cost effective and customised for your organisation’s specific needs.
To discuss this, please contact CRSM representative at +92 321 55 65 072 or +92 316 58 87 783 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Tel: +92 321 55 65 072 or +92 316 58 87 783