The grant proposal writing process is an essential activity for all grant-seeking NGOs. While all donor agencies request proposals, the grant writing process actually helps in planning, preparing and delivering results for your projects. But developing proposals can be challenging if you do not have the access to the tools, knowledge and resources. It can be a daunting task for NGOs especially when they have to provide enormous information about their proposed project, their organization and the budget in a proper framework.
Participant’s take away
Different donor agencies can have different proposal formats but the basic framework of any proposal remains the same. By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- List the components of proposals and reports and explain the logical flow connecting different components
- Explain the purpose of proposals and reports, and outline what makes them effective
- Show how to distinguish between the templates, requirements and processes for applying to different donors, appeals and funding streams
- Shape proposals to fit donor requirements, preferences, and guidelines
- Demonstrate the use of tools, such as the logical framework, to design proposals with clear logic
- Produce accurate effective reports that are designed to meet the readers’ needs
- Demonstrate the use of tools to effectively plan for single-author and collaborative proposal and report writing
- Write concise clear proposals and reports using appropriate writing styles, formats, structures and graphics
- Understanding the requirements in ToRs
- Logical chain and proposal format
- How will you start writing and talking about your organization?
- For assessment of current responses, resources and unmet needs
- Defining project goal/s and objectives
- Designing project strategy
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Project sustainability
- General: project management & administration
- Organizational structure charts
Methodology of training
The mixed-method approach will be used to inculcate the adult learning principles for the training. To make it highly innovative, the trainer will use lectures, discussions, group work, and individual assignments to transfer the knowledge. The training will be conducted in a friendly environment where the participants will be encouraged to bring forward their queries and share their thoughts and opinions. Participative practical activities will reinforce individual and group learning. The training will be evaluated at every day’s end to know the shortcomings/lacking and will be improved for the next day.
Who should participate?
Humanitarian professionals including managers, supervisors/officers.
Medium of Instruction:
Duration & Venue:
March 05 to 07, 2023
February 23, 2023
- Local Organizations (Iraq Based) $290
- International Organizations (Iraq Based) $390
- Other Countries $590
Early Bird Discount:
10 % discount will be offered if registered before February 13, 2023.
Residential Package is available at the venue hotel on payment of required charges.
Discount Policy: Group Discount (from same organisation):
On every three paid nominations from same organisation, one person (i.e fourth one) will be free of charge.
CRSM also offers this training for your organisation as an in-house event. This will be cost effective and customised for your organisation’s specific needs.
To discuss this, please contact CRSM representative at +964 750 756 3750 or +92 316 58 87 783 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Tel: +964 750 756 3750 or +92 316 58 87 783