Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) are two important management processes that enable project staff to track progress and facilitate effective decision making. Although donors require IOM to integrate M&E systems into projects to account for the utilization of resources they provided, the greatest beneficiaries of effective M&E are the target population. By closely observing project activities and understanding its impact in the community, adjustments can be made to ensure that project design and activities are relevant, effective, efficient, and yield meaningful results for the community.
- Understand what is MEAL by focusing on its history, phases and its significance
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of MEAL principles
- Understand the Importance of MEAL in emergencies
- Gather more knowledge on participatory MEAL and learning in MEAL
- Develop skills on how to create objectives and smart indicators in MEAL
- Gain more insights on MEAL planning
- Learn more on how to develop a Performance Tracking Table, Data Flow Map & Summary Evaluation Table (SET).
Scope of the Training
The training will provide comprehensive overview of the purpose of disaster needs assessment, the link between disaster needs assessments and emergency response decision making, basic methods of assessment data collection/ reporting and response based on the assessment, typical adverse effects and post-disaster needs commonly arising from specific hazard types etc. It will also include the necessary tools required for assessment of the rapid need assessment. The training will be designed according to real-world situations and will have the opportunity to practice the new knowledge and skills, learn from other’s experiences in real emergencies and share own experiences.
The training consists of 8 modules that discuss critical aspects of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning. Upon completion of the learning modules, learners will know:
- Design logic models that later become the foundations of MEAL in projects. These tools include the Theory of Change, Results Frameworks, and Logical Frameworks (logframes);
- Plan for MEAL using practical tools that include Performance Management Plans, Indicator Performance Tracking Tables, Summary Evaluation Tables, Evaluation Terms of Reference, Feedback-and-Response Mechanisms, Learning Plans and Communication Plans;
- Collect MEAL data by using well-designed qualitative and quantitative data collection tools, appropriate sampling methods, and recommended data management practices;
- Analyze MEAL data to inform project decision, communicate with stakeholders and practice adaptive management.
Methodology of Training
The mixed-method approach will be used to inculcate the adult learning principles for the training. To make it highly innovative, the trainer will use discussion, case studies, group work, individual assignments, and exercises. The training will be conducted in a friendly environment where the participants will be encouraged to bring forward their queries and share their thoughts and opinions. Participative practical activities will reinforce individual and group learning. The training will be evaluated at every day’s end to know the shortcomings/lacking and will be improved for the next day.
Who Can Attend?
The staff and personnel with some experience and background knowledge of conducting disaster needs assessments
Medium of Instruction
Duration & Venue:
April 10 to 12, 2023
March 30, 2023
- Local Organizations (Turkey Based) $290
- International Organizations (Turkey Based) $390
- Other Countries $590
Early Bird Discount:
10 % discount will be offered if registered before March 20, 2023.
Residential Package is available at the venue hotel on payment of required charges.
Discount Policy: Group Discount (from same organisation):
On every three paid nominations from same organisation, one person (i.e fourth one) will be free of charge.
CRSM also offers this training for your organisation as an in-house event. This will be cost effective and customised for your organisation’s specific needs.
To discuss this, please contact CRSM representative at +92 321 55 65 072 or +92 316 58 87 783 or mail to email@example.com
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Tel: +92 321 55 65 072 or +92 316 58 87 783