It is important to develop an MEAL plan before beginning any monitoring activities so that there is a clear plan for what questions about the program need to be answered. It will help program staff decide how they are going to collect data to track indicators, how monitoring data will be analysed, and how the results of data collection will be disseminated both to the donor and internally among staff members for program improvement. MEAL data alone is not useful until someone puts it to use, An MEAL plan will help make sure data is being used efficiently to make programs as effective as possible and to be able to report on results at the end of the program
After completing the steps for developing an MEAL plan, the team will:
- Identify the elements and steps of an MEAL plan
- Explain how to create an MEAL plan for an upcoming program
- Describe how to advocate for the creation and use of MEAL plans for a program/organization
The training revolves around the following main topics upon completion of which, learners will know:
· Introduction to program
- Program goals and objectives
- Logic model/Logical Framework/Theory of change
- Table with data sources, collection timing, and staff member responsible
· Roles and Responsibilities
- Description of each staff member’s role in MEAL data collection, analysis, and/or reporting
- Analysis plan
- Reporting template table
· Dissemination plan
- Description of how and when MEAL data will be disseminated internally and externally
Methodology of Training
The mixed-method approach will be used to inculcate the adult learning principles for the training. To make it highly innovative, the trainer will use discussion, case studies, group work, individual assignments, and exercises. The training will be conducted in a friendly environment where the participants will be encouraged to bring forward their queries and share their thoughts and opinions. Participative practical activities will reinforce individual and group learning. The training will be evaluated at every day’s end to know the shortcomings/lacking and will be improved for the next day.
Who Can Attend?
- Program managers or personnel who are not trained researchers
Medium of Instruction
Duration & Venue:
May 10 to 12, 2023
April 30, 2023
- Local Organizations (Lebanon Based) $290
- International Organizations (Lebanon Based) $390
- Other Countries $590
Early Bird Discount:
10 % discount will be offered if registered before April 20, 2023.
Residential Package is available at the venue hotel on payment of required charges.
Discount Policy: Group Discount (from same organisation):
On every three paid nominations from same organisation, one person (i.e fourth one) will be free of charge.
CRSM also offers this training for your organisation as an in-house event. This will be cost effective and customised for your organisation’s specific needs.
To discuss this, please contact CRSM representative at +92 321 55 65 072 or +92 316 58 87 783 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Tel: +92 321 55 65 072 or +92 316 58 87 783