In an emergency situation the lives, physical and mental wellbeing, or development opportunities for children are threatened as a result of armed conflict, disaster or the breakdown of social or legal order. Child protection in emergencies is based upon the prevention of and response to abuse, neglect, exploitation of and violence against children in emergencies.
This training is designed to the capacity of child protection practitioners in humanitarian settings by using and applying the most up to date and best practice when it comes to CPIE Programming.
The course addresses the following aspects related to disaster- and conflict related emergencies
- Introduction to Child Protection in Emergencies
- CPiE Assessments and Response Planning
- Child Protection Systems and community-based child protection mechanisms
- Psychosocial Support in Emergencies
- Child Friendly Spaces
- Separated and Unaccompanied Children
- Children Associated with Armed Forces and Groups (CAAFAG)
- Mainstreaming Child Protection in other humanitarian sectors
Training takes away
On completion of the training, you will be able to:
- Review the key legal instruments for child protection in emergencies
- Describe some key interventions for child protection in emergencies.
- Pick up some tips on how to communicate with children and youth in emergencies.
Methodology of training
The mixed-method approach will be used to inculcate the adult learning principles for the training. To make it highly innovative, the trainer will use lectures, discussions, group work, and case studies from existing fraud cases. The training will be conducted in a friendly environment where the participants will be encouraged to bring forward their queries and share their thoughts and opinions. Participative practical activities will reinforce individual and group learning. The training will be evaluated at every day’s end to know the shortcomings/lacking and will be improved for the next day.
Disaster Risk Management (DRM) staff, both managers and front line staff, who are working on / interested in child protection and related DRM activities in emergency settings.
Medium of Instruction:
Duration & Venue:
April 03 to 05, 2023
March 23, 2023
- Local Organizations (Turkey Based) $290
- International Organizations (Turkey Based) $390
- Other Countries $590
Early Bird Discount:
10 % discount will be offered if registered before March 13, 2023.
Residential Package is available at the venue hotel on payment of required charges.
Discount Policy: Group Discount (from same organisation):
On every three paid nominations from same organisation, one person (i.e fourth one) will be free of charge.
CRSM also offers this training for your organisation as an in-house event. This will be cost effective and customised for your organisation’s specific needs.
To discuss this, please contact CRSM representative at +92 321 55 65 072 or +92 316 58 87 783 or mail to email@example.com
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Tel: +92 321 55 65 072 or +92 316 58 87 783