This training introduces basic concepts and approaches related to disaster situation and emergency needs typically associated with various types of natural hazards. In addition, this module presents a disaster assessment reporting format that can be used for reporting purposes. This module does not cover address needs assessments for identifying specific and detailed sectoral needs—this is usually the work of sectoral specialists.
Scope of the training
This course will address the salient features of protection risk assessment for designing and implementing the projects by non-profit organizations and their partners. The training will familiarize the participants with the following areas;
- Prioritizing the safety and dignity of beneficiaries and avoid causing harm.
- Ensuring meaningful access to assistance and services
- Participation and empowerment
Training takes away
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the value and importance of needs assessment for ensuring evidence-based decisions that are based on needs as voiced by the affected population.
- Define important principles and standards that you need to follow when implementing a needs assessment.
- Describe the different types of assessments and when to use them in a response.
- Implement a quality needs assessment that is tailored to key information gaps in the response by following 9 practical steps which are outlined in the training.
- List the key requirements that are needed when implementing an assessment with local partners or in coordination with other actors in a response.
- Overview of disaster needs assessment
- Approach to emergency needs assessments
- Phases of assessment
- Emergency response based on emergency assessments
- Disaster needs assessment reporting
- Assessment sources and methods
- Minimizing assessment bias
- Assessment tools
- Finding recurrent patterns in emergencies
Methodology of training
The mixed-method approach will be used to inculcate the adult learning principles for the training. To make it highly innovative, the trainer will use lectures, discussions, group work, and case studies from existing fraud cases. The training will be conducted in a friendly environment where the participants will be encouraged to bring forward their queries and share their thoughts and opinions. Participative practical activities will reinforce individual and group learning. The training will be evaluated at every day’s end to know the shortcomings/lacking and will be improved for the next day.
Staff and personnel with little experience in conducting disaster needs assessments or completing international appeals forms following a disaster
Medium of Instruction:
Duration & Venue:
March 29 to 31, 2023
March 19, 2023
- Local Organizations (Turkey Based) $290
- International Organizations (Turkey Based) $390
- Other Countries $590
Early Bird Discount:
10 % discount will be offered if registered before March 09, 2023.
Residential Package is available at the venue hotel on payment of required charges.
Discount Policy: Group Discount (from same organisation):
On every three paid nominations from same organisation, one person (i.e fourth one) will be free of charge.
CRSM also offers this training for your organisation as an in-house event. This will be cost effective and customised for your organisation’s specific needs.
To discuss this, please contact CRSM representative at +92 321 55 65 072 or +92 316 58 87 783 or mail to email@example.com
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Tel: +92 321 55 65 072 or +92 316 58 87 783