Project design is one of the critical phases in the project life cycle. How successful a project becomes will largely depend on how well it was designed. This course provides the skills on the Logical Framework Approach (LFA), the method used to achieve high quality project standards. The participants will learn about the concepts underlying the Logical Framework approach and the main steps in the application of this method. The course introduces the participants to a structured way of linking the objectives of the project to the needs of the stakeholders and identifying strategies to provide the desired results.
After completing the training course the participants will be able to:
· Describe the log frame approach, its purpose and limitations
· Analyze stakeholders needs essential for project planning
· Carry out problems analysis using problem trees
· Carry out objectives analysis using solutions trees
· How to write SMART objectives and consider indicators
· Develop a robust log frame with all the key project design elements
· Apply vertical and horizontal logic to a log frame matrix
The training revolves around the following main topics upon completion of which, learners will know:
Introduction to Logical Framework
- Purpose of the logframe
- Logframe and LFA
- Logframe and project lifecycle
- Logical framework formats
LFA: Project Analysis
- Stakeholders analysis
- Problem analysis
- Objectives analysis
- Strategy analysis
LFA: Project Logic
- Results chain approach
- Developing the project objectives
- Linking activities to outputs
- Understanding indicators
- Indicator metrics
- Developing the indicators
- Linking indicators to objectives in a logframe
- Indicator baseline and targets
LFA: Means of Verification
- Introduction to data in M&E
- Data collection sources and methods
- Linking data to indicators
LFA: Risks and Critical Assumptions
- Introduction to project assumptions
- Developing assumptions in the logframe
- Risk management for critical assumptions
LFA: Project Schedules
- Project Implementation Plan
- Project Cost Schedules
- Monitoring strategies
- Performance Measurement Framework
- Indicator Performance Tracker
Methodology of Training
The mixed-method approach will be used to inculcate the adult learning principles for the training. To make it highly innovative, the trainer will use discussion, case studies, group work, individual assignments, and exercises. Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants. The training will be conducted in a friendly environment where the participants will be encouraged to bring forward their queries and share their thoughts and opinions. Participative practical activities will reinforce individual and group learning. The training will be evaluated at every day’s end to know the shortcomings/lacking and will be improved for the next day.
Who Can Attend?
All persons involved in any aspect of projects, from planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
Medium of Instruction
Duration & Venue:
May 15 to 17, 2023
April 30, 2023
- Local Organizations (Lebanon Based) $290
- International Organizations (Lebanon Based) $390
- Other Countries $590
Early Bird Discount:
10 % discount will be offered if registered before April 20, 2023.
Residential Package is available at the venue hotel on payment of required charges.
Discount Policy: Group Discount (from same organisation):
On every three paid nominations from same organisation, one person (i.e fourth one) will be free of charge.
CRSM also offers this training for your organisation as an in-house event. This will be cost effective and customised for your organisation’s specific needs.
To discuss this, please contact CRSM representative at +92 321 55 65 072 or +92 316 58 87 783 or mail to email@example.com
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Tel: +92 321 55 65 072 or +92 316 58 87 783