What this course is about:
Monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) is an essential part of programme management and is critical to the success of any program. MEAL is aimed at tracking the progress, make adjustments, discover unplanned effects of programmes and judge the impact of the programs. MEAL system also helps us to be accountable to our stakeholders through information sharing and developing a complaints or feedback mechanism which can help to guide program implementation and improve decision making.
This training is aimed at introducing the concept and importance of MEAL in a project/programme management cycle. It will stimulate ideas on how to design and implement monitoring and evaluation processes that enhancing programme and strategy effectiveness.
Who Should Attend:
This training targets variety of audience including programme staff, Programme/project management officials, policy makers, academia, government officials, policy makers, development practitioners, young professionals, media and even the corporate sector professionals who are enthusiastic to achieve the milestones of sustainable development.
This training will enable the participants to:
- Enable participants to develop an understanding about the basic principles of MEAL
- Design and implement MEAL strategies, systems and frameworks
- To develop and support the use of MEAL tools and practices in program development
- Equip participants with an understanding on the major tools and best practices involved in MEAL such as baselines, mid-term reviews and end-line evaluations, adaptive programming, value for money etc.
- Establishing effective MEAL systems such as Rag rating, MEAL dashboard, periodic reporting, annual reviews, Case studies etc.
- Develop and apply the system of accountability and learning in their respective organizations
- Provide participants a framework to approach methodological issues in MEAL including qualitative and quantitative data collection methodologies
- To do effective MEAL reporting
Module One: Introducing MEAL in Project/Programme Cycle
- MEAL Cycle
- 5Ws of MEAL – What, Why, How, When, Where
- MEAL for Program and Support Functions
- Monitoring Parameters
- Documenting MEAL
Module Two: MEAL Approaches
- Key elements of a MEAL plan
- MEAL Planning and Budgeting
- Design, implementation and management of a MEAL framework
- Log-Frame Development
- MEAL Work Plan Development
Module Three: Research Methodologies
- How to design questionnaire
- Data collection methodologies and tools
Module Four: MEAL as Cross-Cutting
- MEAL reporting and use of MEAL data in communication activities, lessons learned, course correction and decisions making
- MEAL Challenges
Module Five: Introduction to Data Collection Software
- Kobo toolbox and MS Excel advance level for data collection and analysis
Module Six: International Accountability Standards
- HAP Standards
- Sphere Standards (Core Humanitarian Standards)
- Do No Harm Policy
Module Seven: Major Considerations during MEAL Reporting
- Conflict Sensitivity Lens
- Gender and Social Inclusion Perspective
- Adaptive Programming Model
Political Economy Analysis
Duration & Venue:
December 16 to 18, 2019
November 30, 2019
Early Bird Discount:
Early bird discount of 5% is offered in training fee, if registered before November 20, 2019.
- Local Organisations (Thailand Based): $ 290
- International Organisations (Thailand Based): $ 490
- International Organisations (Other Countries): $ 790
Residential Package is available at the venue hotel on payment of required charges.
Discount Policy: Group Discount (from same organisation):
On every three paid nominations from same organisation, one person (i.e fourth one) will be free of charge.
CRSM also offers this training for your organisation as an in-house event. This will be cost effective and customised for your organisation’s specific needs.
To discuss this, please contact CRSM representative at +92 (51) 222 4860 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to be registered?
Download the registration form from the link below and send its soft copy to email@example.com our correspondent will contact you for further processing.
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Tel: +92 (51) 222 4860 OR +92 (321) 5565072Download Registration Form