The achievement of Sustainable development goal of “Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all” needs changing collective and individual behavior with sustainable use of water and sanitation facilities. This training will enable community trainers and organizational staff to enhance their knowledge and training skills to better manage WASH projects using participatory hygiene and sanitation transformation (PHAST) approach.
Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Transformation (PHAST) is a systematic participatory approach consisting of seven sequential steps that culminate in the development of an action plan for addressing the prevailing WASH problems in a given community.
- Introductions and experience sharing
- Concepts of community participation, ownership and sustainability.
- Concepts of hygiene and sanitation in relation to health.
- The process of hygiene and sanitation behaviour change and the key factors that influence it.
- Health awareness and behavioral change (models)
- Introduction to PHAST (the steps, tools, activities, etc)
- Community empowerment, PHAST as a planning tool
- Implementation of PHAST
- Adult learning cycle (ToT): How adults really learn,
- An analysis of the target behavior – Who needs to do what, when and how?
- Implementation of complete PHAST package, objective, methodology, tools, material and outcome of each step / activity of PHAST.
- We want to provide the TOT – Manual to the participant by end of training for future reference ( Arabic or Kurdish translated).
- Help participant in selection of culturally sensitive IEC material for HP activities implementation.
Medium of Instruction:
Duration & Venue:
24 Hours (3 Hours a Day, 4 Days a Week)
Starting from November 30, 2020 (November 30 to December 03 & 07 to 10 December, 2020)
Time: GMT 10:00 (Flexible)
Online Training on Zoom
November 25, 2020
Discount Policy: Group Discount
On every three paid nominations from same organisation, one person (i.e fourth one) will be free of charge.
To discuss this, please contact CRSM representative by Call or WhatsApp to +92 (321) 556 50 72 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to be registered?
Download the registration form from the link below and send its soft copy to email@example.com, our correspondent will contact you for further processing.
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Call or WhatsApp : +92 (321) 556 50 72 or +92 (316) 588 77 83Download Registration Form