What this course is about:
Human rights are the inborn rights to all human beings, regardless of their nationality, place of residence, sex, ethnic origin, color, religion, language, or any other status. Everyone is equally entitled to human rights without discrimination. These rights are all interrelated, interdependent and indivisible.
Universal human rights are often expressed and guaranteed by law, in the forms of treaties, customary international law, general principles and other sources of international law. International human rights law lays down obligations of Governments to act in certain ways or to refrain from certain acts, in order to promote and protect human rights and fundamental freedoms of individuals or groups.
This training is aimed to develop a thorough understanding and importance of Human Rights to ensure a peaceful just life for everybody. HR ensure people have basic needs met. The participants will learn the various human rights mechanisms that are available and how to effectively put them into practice in different political and social environments.
This training will train professionals who are committed to serving society and those who are in an ongoing search for the truth, who are capable of proposing and developing viable and pertinent solutions to transform systems and institutions. Moreover, it will enable participants for the promotion of human rights and the construction of peace, to defend human rights, and work with those who have suffered violations of their most basic rights and cannot satisfy their hopes for a peaceful existence.
Who Should Attend:
This training targets variety of audience who are committed to society and its context, willing to take on complex problems and to engage in interdisciplinary dialogue, interested in incorporating into their work practice the perspectives of human rights and peace in order to influence public decisions and help the people that have less access to a dignified life.
Policy makers, academics, researchers, government officials, development practitioners, young professionals, media personnel and even the corporate sector professionals can attend this training.
This training will enable the participants to:
- Learn on how to promote and defend human rights, and work with those who have suffered violations of their most basic rights and cannot satisfy their hopes for a peaceful existence
- Gain understanding on Universal Declaration of Human Rights history and examine each of the rights as articulated in the UDHR
- Critically analyze social reality from human rights and peace perspective
- Design, implement and evaluate public policy from the perspective of human rights and peace.
- Learn about international human rights treaties
- Manage and transform conflicts peacefully.
- Enable to policy advocacy on HR issues
Module One: Human Rights – The Concept and Context
- Conceptualize human rights by defining the term
- Differentiating rights and responsibilities
- Demonstrating how rights are not realized by all
- Difference between prejudice and Discrimination
- Equality and Human Rights
Module Two: Components of Human Rights to Peace
- Right to life
- Right to dignity
- Right to order allowing the full outcome of rights
Module Three: Human Rights and United Nations
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- UDHR Articles
Module Four: Rule of Law and Human Rights
- Justice system and Alternative Dispute Resolution Systems
Module Five: Human Rights Approach towards Vulnerable and Socially Excluded Groups
- Women Rights
- Child Rights
- Person with Disability Rights
- Transgender Rights
- Minority Rights
- Elderly People Rights
Module Six: Global Status of laws curbing freedom of Speech and Right to Information
- Enforced disappearances
- Media and Journalism
Module Seven: Ways to Advance and Ensure Human Rights
- Policy advocacy
- Civil society
- Human Right Defenders
- State Obligations
- Institutions Ensuring Human Rights
Duration & Venue:
December 19 to 21, 2019
December 05, 2019
Early Bird Discount:
Early bird discount of 5% is offered in training fee, if registered before November 20, 2019.
- Local Organisations (Thailand Based): $ 290
- International Organisations (Thailand Based): $ 490
- International Organisations (Other Countries): $ 790
Residential Package is available at the venue hotel on payment of required charges.
Discount Policy: Group Discount (from same organisation):
On every three paid nominations from same organisation, one person (i.e fourth one) will be free of charge.
CRSM also offers this training for your organisation as an in-house event. This will be cost effective and customised for your organisation’s specific needs.
To discuss this, please contact CRSM representative at +92 (51) 222 4860 or mail to email@example.com
How to be registered?
Download the registration form from the link below and send its soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org our correspondent will contact you for further processing.
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Tel: +92 (51) 222 4860 OR +92 (321) 5565072Download Registration Form