Advancing Gender Equality for Human Rights!
What this course is about:
In today’s world, no organization or individual related to the development and humanitarian sector can professionally survive without adopting a gender mainstreaming strategy at work and in society. It is one of the most promising concepts in the humanitarian sector to leave no one behind. This training will provide trainees with the knowledge, skills, and practices for gender mainstreaming that are required and being adopted at international levels. After this training, the trainees will be able to incorporate gender mainstreaming strategies in their organizational profiles, proposals for donor organizations, and in their work to become successful.
After the training the participants:
The training will serve as a guide to achieving gender mainstreaming using the project cycle as the entry point. It will help the participants to integrate or mainstream gender concerns into the project cycle and to ensure that development interventions are gender-sensitive toward the successful implementation of development programs/projects. This training will also include guidance on identifying data needs for gender mainstreaming and the identification and development of gender-sensitive indicators while giving practical tips in assessing and evaluating the gender sensitivity of projects.
- Basic Concepts on Gender Mainstreaming Within Projects
- Understand the project cycle and its different phases or stages.
- Understand the need to mainstream gender in the project cycle.
- Understand the need for gender analysis, gender data, and gender-sensitive indicators.
- Gender Mainstreaming in the Different Project Cycle Stages/Phases
- Understand entry points for gender mainstreaming within the project cycle.
- Introduce participants to the checklists for mainstreaming gender in the different project cycle stages.
- Be able to apply the checklists to identify potential gender issues and address the said issues /problems through the use of a case study.
- Conclusion and Evaluation
- Enable participants to evaluate the module and determine if participants’ expectations were met.
- Discuss with participants areas of the module requiring adaptation to local situations
Methodology of training:
The mixed-method approach will be used to inculcate the adult learning principles for the training. To make it highly innovative, the trainer will use lectures, discussions, group work, exercises and case studies. The training will be conducted in a friendly environment where the participants will be encouraged to bring forward their queries and share their thoughts and opinions. Participative practical activities will reinforce individual and group learning. The training will be evaluated at every day’s end to know the shortcomings/lacking and will be improved for the next day.
Who should participate?
Humanitarian professionals including managers, supervisors/officers.
Medium of Instruction:
Duration & Venue:
September 19 to 21, 2022
August 30, 2022
Early Bird Discount:
10 % discount will be offered if registered before August 20, 2022.
- Local Organizations USD 490
- International Organizations USD 590
- Other Countries USD 790
Residential Package is available at the venue hotel on payment of required charges.
Discount Policy: Group Discount (from same organisation):
On every three paid nominations from same organisation, one person (i.e fourth one) will be free of charge.
CRSM also offers this training for your organisation as an in-house event. This will be cost effective and customised for your organisation’s specific needs.
To discuss this, please contact CRSM representative at +92 321 55 65 072 or +92 316 58 87 783 or mail to email@example.com
How to be registered?
Download the registration form from the link below and send its soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org our correspondent will contact you for further processing.
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Tel: +92 321 55 65 072 or +92 316 58 87 783Download Registration Form