What this course is about:
Integrating Gender and Social Inclusion (G&SI) dimensions in all thematic and cross–cutting components of development and governance programs has become essential nowadays. Gender and social inclusion is a fundamental human right. G&SI drives tremendous gains in health, education, employment, and improved livelihoods.
People need the opportunity to participate fully in the life of their community if they are to flourish and realize their potential. But certain groups in society are systematically excluded from opportunities that are open to others, because they are discriminated against on the basis of their race, religion, gender, caste, age, disability, or other social identity.
This training program will help the participants to understand the concept of G&SI so that they can make informed decisions in their relevant fields. G&SI involves certifying the potential and consideration of gender and socially excluded groups to the goal of equality that are essential to all key programs including policy development process, research, advocacy/ dialogue, legislation, resource allocation, G&SI in line with the sustainable development goals.
This course is designed for young professionals, policy makers, government officials, academia, media and even the corporate sector professionals who are enthusiastic to achieve the milestones of sustainable development.
- Understand the concept of gender and social inclusion and identification process of social excluded groups
- Understand the international treaties and global commitment on gender and social inclusion
- Understand Gender and Social Inclusion – a Cross Cutting Theme in all fields of life
- Learn about different approaches on including women, transgender people, person with disabilities and minorities into policy dialogue, public discussion and political debates
- Enabling participants to develop Gender and Social Inclusion strategy as a component of program management
- Strengthen the capacity of the participants to apply gender mainstreaming effectively at their workplace.
- To enable the participants to contextualise the approaches of G&SI in line with sustainable development goals.
Module One: Gender and Social Inclusion
- Concept of Gender and Social Inclusion
- Social Identity
- 5Ws of Gender and Social Inclusion
- How to identify Socially Excluded Groups
- Basic Principle of Gender and Social Inclusion
- Global commitments on and Gender and social Inclusion
- Poverty alleviation and Gender and social Inclusion
- Socio-economic challenges in Gender and social Inclusion
- Gender and social Inclusion Strategy
Module Two: Gender
- Understanding Gender
- Basic Gender Concepts
- Gender and Self
- Childhood messages
- Ideal Man Ideal Woman
- Gender Division of Labor
- Gender and Disaster
- Women in the reconstruction, rehabilitation and long-term recovery process
- Women Economic and Political Empowerment
Module Three: Socially Excluded Groups
- Understanding Socially Excluded Groups: Transgender, Person with Disabilities, Minorities
- Socio-economic and health Issues – Person with disabilities and techniques to address those issues
- Social Issues – Transgender and techniques to address those issues https://transequality.org/issues
- Social Issues – Minorities and techniques to address those issues
- Raising demand and Policy making on rights of socially excluded groups
Module Three: Ensuring Sustainable Development Goals through Gender and Social Inclusion
- Inclusion and participatory Approach
- Ensuring Good Governance through G&SI
- Mainstreaming the gender and social inclusion prospective in social development
Module Four: Case Studies
Case Studies on Gender and Social Inclusion
Duration & Venue:
December 11 to 13, 2019
November 25, 2019
Early Bird Discount:
Early bird discount of 5% is offered in training fee, if registered before November 15, 2019.
- Local Organisations (Nepal Based): $ 145
- International Organisations (Nepal Based): $ 290
- International Organisations (Other Countries): $ 590
Residential Package is available at the venue hotel on payment of required charges.
Discount Policy: Group Discount (from same organisation):
On every three paid nominations from same organisation, one person (i.e fourth one) will be free of charge.
CRSM also offers this training for your organisation as an in-house event. This will be cost effective and customised for your organisation’s specific needs.
To discuss this, please contact CRSM representative at +92-51-222 4860 or mail to email@example.com
How to be registered?
Download the registration form from the link below and send its soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org our correspondent will contact you for further processing.
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Tel: +92 (51) 222 4860 or +92 (321) 5565072