What this course is about:
Advancing sustainable development requires democracy and good governance
A peaceful and progressive society is based on fair, just, credible and effective state institutions. The connotation of Democracy is institutionalization of freedom. A true democracy could empower people to demand better policies, express grievances, seek justice and hold their elected leaders accountable and responsive to their needs and aspirations.
Good governance means effective and efficient structures which provide optimal support to citizens in leading a safe and productive life in line with their desires and opportunities. Essentially, this involves a combination of democracy, the social welfare state and the rule of law.
Good governance aims at balancing interests and focus on common goals, particularly reducing poverty and providing access to state services for all and to make administrative structures participative, efficient and solution oriented.
Democracy and Governance training Program will help the participants to understand the concept of Democracy and Governance so that they can make informed decisions in their relevant fields. Practitioners and professionals in the fields as diverse as public policy, development, international relations, government and media, increasingly recognize that successful programs in their fields require effective and accountable governance. This training seeks to understand the foundations of democratic and responsive government, how policymakers can create and implement policies to achieve these objectives. This training will inform participants on democracy assistance, governance reform, politics and civic engagement. It will also enable participants to advance their understanding in the areas of democratic change, governance reform through undertaking policy advocacy.
This course is designed for young professionals, policy makers, government officials, academia, media and even the corporate sector professionals who are enthusiastic to achieve the milestones of sustainable development.
- Understand the concept of democracy and governance
- Understand the international treaties and global commitment on Democracy and Governance
- Learn about threats to democracy and how to mitigate those conflicts through ensuring existence of democratic institutions
- Learn about different approaches on including women, transgender people, person with disabilities and minorities into policy dialogue, public discussion and political debates for ensuring good governance
- Strengthen the capacity of the participants to apply principles of good governance at their workplace
- To enable the participants to contextualise the approaches of democracy and governance in line with sustainable development goals.
Module One: Democracy
- Concept of Democracy
- Elements of Democracy – Defining the Elements
- Public Participation in Civic Life
- Human Rights
- Rule of Law
- Electoral Cycle and Electoral Systems
- International Treaties on Democracy and Governance
Module Two: Democratic Institutions
- Election Management Bodies
- Political Parties
- Local Government
Module Three: Conflict and Democracy
- Electoral Violence
- Conflict Mitigation
- Electoral Integrity
- Inclusion of women and socially excluded groups to ensure democratic governance
Module Three: Governance
- Concept of Governance and Government
- What is Good Governance
- Fragile Governance versus Democratic Governance
- Principles of Good Governance
Module Four: Democracy, Governance, and Role of State Institutions
- Public Policy
- Public Consultation
- Civil Society and Social Movements
- Use of Technology to enhance Good Governance
Social Media for Social Change to ensure good governance
Duration & Venue:
December 08 to 10, 2019
November 25, 2019
Early Bird Discount:
Early bird discount of 5% is offered in training fee, if registered before November 10, 2019.
- Local Organisations (Nepal Based): $ 145
- International Organisations (Nepal Based): $ 290
- International Organisations (Other Countries): $ 590
Residential Package is available at the venue hotel on payment of required charges.
Discount Policy: Group Discount (from same organisation):
On every three paid nominations from same organisation, one person (i.e fourth one) will be free of charge.
CRSM also offers this training for your organisation as an in-house event. This will be cost effective and customised for your organisation’s specific needs.
To discuss this, please contact CRSM representative at +92-51-222 4860 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to be registered?
Download the registration form from the link below and send its soft copy to email@example.com our correspondent will contact you for further processing.
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Tel: +92 (51) 222 4860 OR +92 (321) 5565072Download Registration Form