What this course is about:
Case management is a process that strives to achieve a specific objective by handling cases from beginning to end under the coordination of a case manager. This can involve a number of different teams, as well as a variety of processes.
To understand this better, let’s look at the medical and legal professions and how they use case management. We’re accustomed to talking about “cases” in this context. “The lawyer (or doctor) is handling my case,” we say – but just how is he or she doing that?
- Essential of communication skills
- Principles and practices of case management
- Establish and strengthen
- Steps of case management
- Case management challenges
- Assessment individual service plan
- Case studies/ presentation on case management
- Fundamental skills for case managers
- Case management and child protection
Medium of Instruction:
Duration & Venue:
January 18 to 20, 2021
Erbil – Iraq
January 10, 2021
- Local Organizations (Iraq/Syria Based): USD 290
- International Organizations (Iraq/Syria Based): USD 490
- International/Local Organizations (Other Countries): USD 690
Residential Package is available at the venue hotel on payment of required charges.
Discount Policy: Group Discount (from same organisation):
On every three paid nominations from same organisation, one person (i.e fourth one) will be free of charge.
CRSM also offers this training for your organisation as an in-house event. This will be cost effective and customised for your organisation’s specific needs.
To discuss this, please contact CRSM representative at +964 750 474 0081 or +964 750 338 2064 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to be registered?
Download the registration form from the link below and send its soft copy to email@example.com our correspondent will contact you for further processing.
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Tel: +964 (750) 338 20 64 OR +964 (750) 474 00 81
OR +92 (321) 556 50 72Download Registration Form